Oxfam’s global vision is for a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights,
and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all citizens are valued and treated equally.
Our vision for Timor-Leste is for Timor-Leste to be a country enjoying prosperity and equality,
where all citizens; women and men, actively shape the development process and enjoy the well-being that flows from this process, even in times of crisis.
Oxfam Timor Leste program is seeking national staff for 4 (four) Officer Positions:
1. Monitoring and Evaluation Officer -Dili
2. Land Inclusive Development Officer –Covalima
3. Land Inclusive Development Officer –Oekussi
4. Land Inclusive Development Officer –Dili
Oxfam offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include health care and pension contribution, paid annual leave, study cost reimbursement and more. Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Key Selection Criteria
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer is responsible for providing technical support to program staff and local NGO partners to strengthen the MEL of the programs.
· Understanding qualitative and quantitative programme information and how this can improve the system of an organization.
· Research skills required in gathering information and learning through a variety of channels for specific topics.
· Good influencing, negotiating and networking skills, conceptual and analytical skills with a practical perspective.
· Training and facilitation skills.
· Keep up to date with developments in program area in order to priorities new perspectives or work and develop key competencies applying learning across country.
· Understanding different approaches of donors, Oxfam affiliates and effectively work in multiple systems.
Land Inclusive Development Officer
The Land and Inclusive Development (LID) Officer is responsible for supporting the LID Manager to achieve the objectives of the LID program.
· Proven experience of public campaigning works, including through the social media.
· Proven advocacy work and ability to negotiate and agree policy positions amongst different stakeholders
· Good insight and contacts with major actors on Land and Inclusive Development issues (CSOs, NGOs, journalists, Government, Private sector)
· Proven record of development of staff and partners advocacy and policy skills
· Demonstrable understanding of gender and diversity issues and proven commitment to and evidence of promoting gender and diversity equity
· Relevant qualifications or skills in a Land and/or Inclusive Development discipline.
Applicants can request a detailed position description from Sra. Benigna Martins, Human Resources Manager, by e-mailing her firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 670-331-2605 or obtaining the position description from the Oxfam office at Rua Jacinto Candido, Bidau Akadiru-Hun, Dili, Timor-Leste.
You must submit a covering letter that responds to the Selection Criteria listed above for the position in this advertisement and a current Resume. Applications can be written in Tetun or English.
If you wish to apply for more than one position please send an application for each position you wish to apply for.
Please note that only applications submitted with a covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria with a resume and received by 9th September 2015, 5pm will be accepted. They can be sent to the above e-mail address, mailed to P.O. Box 152, Dili, and Timor-Leste or delivered to the Dili office.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted