JOB - Project Manager - Nutrition
Position Title: Project Manager - Nutrition
Project: Community Driven Nutrition Improvement Project
Supervisor: Program Manager Health & Nutrition
Job Band: G
Note: This position will be based in Baucau but must be able to travel regularly between Dili and project districts.
Catholic Relief Services plans to implement a Community Driven Nutrition Improvement Project with a grant from the Japanese Social Development Fund (JSDF) to help address the high prevalence of under nutrition in Timor-Leste (particularly amongst children). The project will target communities that fall in the lowest living standards group in the eastern districts of Baucau and Viqueque, aiming to directly benefit 4,470 children and 5,503 pregnant and lactating women.
II. Objectives and Scope of the Assignment
The primary function of the Project Manager - Nutrition is to provide leadership to the local implementing partners for all aspects of component 2, nutrition specific interventions to ensure outcomes are met on established timeline.
The Project Manager - Nutrition will be responsible for maintaining relationships with local non-governmental implementing partner organizations. This includes working with organizations to ensure consistent programmatic quality across all organizations and accurate monthly narrative and financial reports.
This position is responsible for both the ensuing quality of project activities and technical materials; as well as capacity building of implementing agency field staff. The person will critically examine project implementation and make appropriate and timely recommendations as necessary related to the technical approaches being promoted through the project. This will include facilitating the nutrition education sessions and counseling initiatives for partner staff, identifying best practices across sectors and countries develop strong working relationship with all stakeholders in Timor-Leste working in similar technical area as well as the CRS Livelihoods Program Team in Baucau.
III. Qualifications and Skills:
- University or institute degree in nutrition, public health, biology or other relevant degree or advanced certificate.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in Nutrition
- Experience in implementation of community-based development projects including the facilitation of trainings of trainers & community mobilization skills
- Experience in facilitation of capacity building efforts with diverse colleagues, including those in implementing agency agencies is preferred.
- Attention to detail and an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Proven track record of ability to set and meet goals and objectives in a timely and professional manner
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Good communication skills with proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point, is required.
- Willing and able to work in Baucau office full time and Ability to travel 60% of time to field locations
- Experience working in collaboration with government counterparts, donors, the Church, NGOs, and community-based organizations
IV. Area of Interest:
Nutrition, Public Health, Rural Development, Community Development
V. Date of assignment: December 1, 2014 to August 31, 2017
Disclaimer: This ToR is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position
Note: This position is for Timorese Nationals only.
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Sent a cover letter, current CV and professional references by email to TL_HR@global.crs.org or
Delivery by hand at CRS Dili Office at Rua Dom Alexio Corte Real, Mandarin, Dili or
CRS Baucau Office at Rua Samadigar Buibau, Baucau
For further information and full job description please email the address above.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted